Teaming up with leading tech companies and startups, Wolves Summit is excited to provide a friendly space for networking and connecting tech professionals with potential co-founders or employers. Join the next edition in Wrocław, May 23-25, and let's create new opportunities together!
In the wake of two years of pandemic-driven growth, stock market surges, and massive investments from venture capitalists, technology companies worldwide are beginning to downsize their staff as the economy cools. Recent layoffs have created a difficult and uncertain time for many professionals in the industry. However, for startups, these layoffs present a unique opportunity to attract and retain top talent as experienced professionals seek new opportunities.
"Networking is a critical tool for startups, providing the opportunity to connect with industry leaders, investors, and like-minded entrepreneurs. An unparalleled networking experience, like ours, is key to bringing together startups from around the world to share knowledge, ideas, and expertise. By leveraging these connections, startups can accelerate their growth, drive innovation, and achieve long-term success in the rapidly evolving tech industry," said Michael Chaffe, CEO of Wolves Summit.
The Wolves Summit is gearing up to bring a global perspective to discussions on the impact of tech layoffs, slower capital deployment, and political challenges on the tech industry in Poland and Europe. This year's event is set to host representatives from Invest Hong Kong, the European Innovation Council, the European Innovation Fund, ARAW, Vienna Business Agency (VBA), Microsoft, and SoDA, Startup Live, IPCom among others.
The Wolves Summit, scheduled to take place from May 23-25, invites venture, talent, and innovation to converge at a mega-tech festival. The Wrocław edition offers a range of activities designed to foster networking, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, including:
- 1:1 matchmaking: Discover overlooked investment opportunities and find leads, customers, users, advisors, and mentors.
- Talent Matchmaking: an opportunity to meet potential co-founders or employers.
- Expo Zone: the largest exhibition zone in Wolves Summit history.
- Great Pitch Contest: one of the largest pitching contests in CEE, attracting 2000+ applications every edition, where 50 semi-finalists will compete for the title of best startup in thematic tracks.
- Corporate Innovation Challenges & Side Events: initiatives to support the ecosystem in times of crisis for a sustainable future.
This year, Antler will judge the pitch contest, offering the winner a seat in Antler's September cohort in Berlin or Munich. The winner will receive a cash grant, various perks, hands-on coaching throughout validation and beyond, and the possibility of securing €100k in initial funding as well as follow-on funding in subsequent rounds.
The agenda features six core themes:
- The Unicorn Path
- Deep Tech & Cutting Edge
- Impact Investing & Technology
- Future of our Cities & Homes
- Future of Work
- Building Resilient (Tech) Ecosystems
- Global Leadership
The event will feature key industry leaders, government officials, and investors, including:
- Jakub Mazur, Deputy Mayor of the City of Wrocław
- Neville Taraporewalla, President of Times Group, CEO of Brand Capital International, North America
- Christoph Klink, Partner at Antler
- Dorota Żurkowska, Member of the Management Board and GSVP - Revenue at Warner Bros. Discovery Poland
- Grzegorz Ambroziewicz - deputy Head of Unit of the EIC Accelerator
- Stefan Hakel, Senior International Sales Manager, RTL AdAlliance
- Justyna Tisserand, Project Adviser at EISMEA
- Dr. Sonja Sulzmaier, Managing Partner at Navispace
- Gregory Rall, Deputy Head of Innovation and Technology, InvestHK, Berlin
- Thomas Tanghe, Partner at SpaceTech Partners
- Jakub Galus, Senior Partner Development Manager, CE at Microsoft
- Wing-Hin Chung, Head of Business and Talent Attraction / Investment Promotion at Invest HK
About Wolves Summit:
Wolves Summit is an integrated dealflow and events platform for investors and tech companies offering year-round engagement through digital events, corporate innovation challenges and startup scaling activities. Every edition attracts a diverse audience of 2000+ investors, startups and industry leaders. Since 2015, Wolves Summit events facilitated over 35,000 meetings between 19,000+ participants. The summit has a network of 170+ community partners globally which includes accelerators and startup operators. In 2021 the company spun-out a new startup division called WolvesX supporting large organisations such as LG Electronics, PwC, Garage+, Economic Development Board in Singapore, among others, addressing a wide range of corporate and government innovation challenges. For more information please visit wolvessummit.com.